Effective as of January 20, 2015
- Information Collected
Company collects information on our users in various ways, such as, by your voluntary submissions, participation in services provided via the Site and Services, from third parties, and through cookie and other tracking technology. Company collects the following information:
- Personal Information
“Personal Information” refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name, phone number, email, postal address, and possibly information relating to certain support or customer service issues. In many cases, we need this information to provide to you many of the Services that you may have requested. Company may also gather and store other personal information that you provide to us (such as a social security numbers, tax identification numbers, dates of birth, work affiliations, etc.) for specific purposes that we communicate with you about.
- Submission of Reviews, Ratings, and Comments
We collect information that you voluntarily provide as part of our Site and Services, including messages, posts, comments, responses, reviews, and ratings you submit through the Site and Services, (“User Generated Content”). Company may in our sole discretion share your User Generated Content with others. If you do not want information shared with others, you should not submit User Generated Content. Once you have submitted User Generated Content, we reserve the right to publish it in any medium to others.
- Aggregate Information
We may collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Site and Services, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they click on. This information represents a generic overview of our users, including their collective viewing habits, and allows us and other third parties to modify information, promotions, offers and/or discounts on products and services based on user traffic and behavior. We collect this information through the use of technologies such as ‘cookies’ and web beacons, which are discussed in greater detail below. We collect this information in order to help enhance the Site and Services to make for a better visitor experience.
- Third Party Information
We may supplement information you provide to us with information from other sources, such as information to validate or update your address or other demographic or business information. We use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to enable us to provide the Services, to target our communications so that we can inform you of offers that may be of interest, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission.
- Other Tracking Technologies
Tracking technologies may record information such as Internet domain and host names; Internet protocol (IP) addresses; browser software and operating system types; clickstream patterns; and dates and times that our Site and Services are accessed. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are using the web. Web servers, the computers that ‘serve up’ webpages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. The Site and Services may also use technology called “tracer tags”. These may also be referred to as “Pixels”, “Clear GIFs” or “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our Site and other ways you interact with our Site and Services, such as purchases made through the Site and Services. These tracer tags are used to help us to optimize and tailor our Site and Services for you and other users of our Site and Services. We may link the information we record using tracking technologies to Personal Information we collect.
- Use of Information
The information Company collects is used in a variety of ways, including:
- for internal review;
- to improve the Site and Services;
- to optimize third-party offers of products and/or services;
- to verify the legitimacy of postings, comments, reviews, and ratings;
- to notify you about updates to the Site and Services;
- to let you know about products, services, and promotions that you may be interested in;
- to generate postings, comments, reviews, and ratings;
- for our marketing purposes and the marketing of discounts offered through our Site and Services by service contractors (the “Service Providers”);
- to fulfill and provide the Services, including personalized or enhanced Services, requested by you; and
- internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission.
- Disclosures and Transfers of Information
We do not disclose Personal Information to third parties, except when one or more of the following conditions is true:
- We have your permission to make the disclosure;
- The disclosure is consistent with the purpose for which the Personal Information was obtained;
- The disclosure is permitted by relevant law;
- The Personal Information to be disclosed is publicly available;
- The disclosure is reasonably related to the secure funding or financing of our business, or the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets, in which case you hereby consent to the transfer of your information as one of the transferred assets, to be used for any purpose allowed under this Agreement;
- The disclosure is for our own marketing purposes, or, with your authorization, for the marketing purposes of third parties;
- The party to whom the disclosure is made controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Company;
- The disclosure is, in our sole discretion, necessary for the establishment or maintenance of legal claims or legal compliance, to satisfy any law, regulation, subpoena or government request, or is otherwise required in connection with litigation;
- The disclosure is, in our sole discretion, necessary or appropriate to comply with contractual obligations, to address insurance, audit, or security matters, or for any other purpose that we have a good faith belief the disclosure is required, authorized, or appropriate; or
- The disclosure is to outside businesses to perform certain services for us, such as maintaining our Site and Services, mailing lists, processing orders and delivering services, sending postal mail, providing marketing assistance, and data analysis (“Administrative Service Providers”).
We may disclose aggregate visitor data in order to describe the use of the Site and Services to our existing or potential business partners or other third parties, or in response to a government request. We may also share aggregated demographic and preference data with third parties to enable the provision of targeted information, promotions, offers and/or discounts on products and services.
- Choice: Opt-in/Opt-out
To help you review, edit, and control how we use much of the information we collect about you, you can visit your [“Manage My Accounts”] webpage. On the [“Manage My Accounts”] webpage, you can update certain information and unsubscribe from receiving specific types of email messages. You cannot, however, unsubscribe from receiving certain emails, such as account status.
You can also ask us whether we are keeping information about you; how your information is being used; update or delete your information, or opt-out of the collection and use of certain information by sending an email to email@example.com specifying the nature and scope of your request. If you choose to delete your information or opt-out of the collection and use of your information, you understand that certain services may no longer be available to you. Please state in your correspondence the details of your request. We may require proof of your identity before we provide you with the requested information. We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data erased, rectified, amended, or completed.
- Data Security, Integrity, and Access
The Personal Information you provide and we collect is stored within databases that we control directly or through our Administrative Service Providers. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards, such as firewalls, to protect your Personal Information. We also use industry standard encryption technology to protect password information. However, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, or country where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those where you live. By submitting your Personal Information, you consent to having your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in those jurisdictions in which our Administrative Service Providers may be located.
Company may assign you a user ID and a password as part of your participation and access to the Site and Services. Your user ID and password may only be used by you and the members of your household or business, as appropriate. You may not share your user ID and password with anyone else, and you are solely responsible for maintaining and protecting the confidentiality of your user ID and password. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your user ID and password. You can access and update your login information on your login page.
- Third Party Websites and Links
Please note that you may have cookies placed on your computer by third party websites that refer you to the Site. Although we do not share your Personal Information with these third party websites unless you have authorized us to do so, they may be able to link certain non-personally identifiable information we transfer to them with Personal Information they previously collected from you. Please review the privacy policies of each website you visit to better understand their privacy practices. In addition, Company would like to inform you that anytime you click on links (including advertising banners), which take you to third party websites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. While we support the protection of our customer’s privacy on the Internet, Company expressly disclaims any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including but without limitation to actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of Personal Information by third parties.
- Children’s Privacy
Company does not intend the Site and Services to be used by individuals under the age of 18 without the supervision of a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older. Company relies upon parents or guardians 18 years of age or older to determine if the Site and Services is appropriate for the viewing, access, or participation by such individuals under the age of 18. If an individual under the age of 18 uses the Site and Services, such individual may only use the Site and Services under the supervision of a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older.
Company does not seek or knowingly collect any Personal Information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
- Governing Law; Visitors Residing Outside the United States
- How To Contact us